"Let's talk about harmony"
"Let's..."
"Is it the beauty that everyone else can see
Or the perfection that we seemingly present
Or the way we are in-sync with what the society presents
Or the stress marks that we never have?"
"No..."
"Is it the similarities that are so blatant
Or the smile that hides the fear we harbor
Or the lavish lives we live
Or the wealth that keeps us happy?"
"No..."
"Is it the number of years we've been together
Or the number of children we have
Or the price tag on our mansion
Or how much we spend on each other?"
"No..."
"Then tell me..."
"I will; Dance with me:
It's the way I fit myself around you
So that this dance works
Even though I am much taller than you are.
It's the way the skins on our faces blend when we kiss
Though you're fairskinned and I'm not.
It's the way my hand fits in the small of your back
Though there's no missing part there.
It's the way you wrap your legs around me with ease
Though..."
"I think I got it..."
"It's about fitting together perfectly
Because you want to
Besides all the obstacles.
It's about making a DECISION to love"

No comments:
Post a Comment